About Caldecotte Lake
Famed for its Windmill, which is now a family friendly pub serving food throughout the day, Caldecotte Lake is located in the south of the city. This lake is ideal for those who like to get outside and get active as it has plenty of activities available.
You can walk around the entire lake and on it's shores you’ll find our play area complete with climbing frame, nest swing, roundabout and swing rockers. Caldecotte Lake also has an outdoor trim trail, allowing for free exercise, the equipment for which was provided by the Walton Community Council.
All aboard the Caldecotte Miniature Railway! Run by volunteers from the M.K. Model Engineering Society, the fun miniature railway is open for rides every Saturday & Sunday afternoon from April to October, including bank holidays and special event days.
There’s more to Caldecotte Lake than its acres of beautiful parkland and watersports facilities – come and discover the variety of water birds and other wildlife at Caldecotte Lake that call its serene waters home. If you’re a keen birdwatcher, you won’t want to miss the two bird hides at the southern end of the lake. The peaceful south shoreline is an excellent habitat for waterfowl, dragon and damselflies and the insects they feed on, making it a sanctuary for wildlife in Milton Keynes.
At Caldecotte lake you’ll find many watersport clubs including; Milton Keynes Canoe club, Rowing Club and Sailing Club, whose club houses are located on the lake. These clubs are perfect for those who are looking for watersports lessons or experienced rowers looking for a place to practice. Please be aware that general access to the lake is prohibited unless you are member of one of the watersports clubs or part of a licensed event.
You can also challenge each other to a game of table tennis on the outdoor ping pong table also located at Caldecotte Lake.
With over a mile of fishing bank, anglers will love Caldecotte Lake fishing. Stocked with roach, pike, bream and tench, the lake can be fished on a day ticket available from Milton Keynes Angling Association.
There are no public toilets at this site, however, The Caldecotte has customers toilets available during opening hours. Free car parking is available at the following car parking areas in Milton Keynes:
- H10 Bletcham Way eastbound (hotel and play area
- Monellan Grove, off H10 Bletcham Way westbound, Simpson Road, Simpson.
- There is a private car park at Monellan Crescent, Caldecotte for the use of Caldecotte Lake Watersports Centre
There are hard surfaced gravel paths around the whole lake. Max gradient 4.4%. There is a steep slope at the weir on the North lake. Some paths are liable to flooding. Benches and picnic tables at various points around the lake.
Find out more
- Caldecotte XperienceCaldecotte Xperience deliver significant long-term outdoor learning and personal development outcomes for young people.
- The Caldecotte PubThe Caldecotte is the perfect place for any occasion, whether you’re celebrating a special day, meeting up with friends or wanting to enjoy a relaxing family meal. They have a selection of delicious mains as well as sweet treats for you to enjoy.
- Caldecotte Miniature RailwayRun by the Milton Keynes Model Engineering Society. The mini railway is located at Caldecotte Lake, and has been running since 2006.
- FishingMilton Keynes is blessed with a wealth of still waters. Carp large and small, big tench roach, bream, hybrids, pike and perch are all part of the scene. Most are easily accessible and set in our parklands.