Heritage Open Days: Electra boat family talk
Great Linford Manor ParkSaturday 17 September
Step aboard Milton Keynes' electric community trip boat Electra for a family-friendly talk all about the history of the Grand Union Canal. Electra is mooring at the beautiful heritage site of Great Linford Manor Park, as part of our wider Heritage Open Day celebrations.
- Learn what a canal is and what it was used for in the past.
- Learn about some of the different jobs people did along the canal.
- Discover what kinds of things were transported along the canal, between Birmingham and London.
- Explore a fully-electric canal boat!
Talks last 30 minutes and are fully accessible. Please book one ticket per person in your party.
Timings: Family talks at 14:00 and 14:45.
Meeting place: Mooring at Great Linford Manor Park, click here for a What3Words location.
Accessibility: Electra has wheelchair access. A portable hearing loop is available on request from email@example.com or 01908 233600. Please let us know in advance if you require this service.
Why not couple your talk with a free, family-friendly heritage trail of Great Linford Manor Park? Meet and greet costumed characters from the park's history and complete activities to receive a prize! Click here for more information about the trail.
Photo credit: Gill Prince Photography
You may also be interested in...
- Heritage Open Days: Family Heritage Trail17/09/2022Great Linford Manor Park
- Heritage Open Days: Discover Bancroft Roman Villa12/09/2022North Loughton Valley Park
- Heritage Open Days: the Heritage of Ouzel Valley14/09/2022Ouzel Valley Park
- Heritage Open Days: Electra boat talk17/09/2022Great Linford Manor Park
- Heritage Open Days: Stanton Low: Ghosts of the Past09/09/2022Stanton Low Park
- Heritage Open Days: Adult Walk & Talk at Great Linford Manor ParkVarious DatesGreat Linford Manor Park